What is the Service?

Our Victim Support Services provide:

  • Confidential support to adult victims of crime including:
  • Information on criminal justice processes
  • Trauma debriefing and counselling
  • Court preparation and companionship
  • Advocacy and referrals to other service providers
  • Assistance when making an application for a Violence Restraining Order
  • Information on the status of convicted offenders in WA through the Victim Notification Register

Our Child Witness Service provides support to all children and youth who need to speak or give evidence in court. This includes instances in which the child or young person has been hurt themselves or have witnessed a crime against another person.

Practitioners provide:

  • Information
  • Advocacy
  • Court preparation and companionship
  • Emotional support
  • Referrals to other services if the child or young person needs counselling

We also assist with the preparation of Victim Impact Statements. Our services can supply details about criminal injuries compensation to adults and children or youth who are required to appear in Court.

An outreach Victim Support Service and Child Witness Service is scheduled to coincide with the Magistrate's Circuit in the Kimberley and Pilbara regions.

The services are provided to clients free of charge.

How can the Victim and Child Witness Services be accessed?

Referrals to the Victim Support Service and Child Witness Service are generally made by the Police. The client, a family member or carer can also ask the Victim Support Service and Child Witness Service directly for assistance.

The services can be contacted on the numbers below.




The Victim Support Service and Child Witness Service are funded by the Department of the Attorney General.

Feeling lost?

Anglicare WA offers a wide range of services and with more than 50 service locations across WA, we’re never too far away.

If you’re not sure where to go, call us on 1300 11 44 46.