Please note applications can only be granted under the following conditions
- Applicants must be prepared to provide follow up information as requested on a reporting form and provide an acquittal of the funds spent.
- A parish can only receive one grant of up to $1,000 per
- Generally, funding for existing emergency relief programs does not fall under this scheme but can be negotiated.
- This fund is not intended for programs and events solely focused on Christian formation and education but rather those designed to reach out in loving service.
Grants can be awarded for a wide range of initiatives, both stand-alone events and ongoing projects. Some examples are:
- School breakfast clubs;
- Community lunches to address issues of social isolation;
- BBQ and outdoor equipment to engage young people;
- Guest speakers and advertising for forums relating to social issues;
- Open House gatherings for isolated people in the local community;
- Conversation clubs for refugee and migrant communities.
We are open to any initiative that will build community.