Please note applications can only be granted under the following conditions:
- Applicants must be prepared to provide follow up information as requested on a reporting form and provide an acquittal of the funds spent.
- A parish can only receive one grant of up to $1,000 at a time, a maximum of two in any calendar year. The first grant project must be completed and the funds expended before applying for the second grant.
- This fund is not intended for programs and events solely focused on Christian formation and education but rather those designed to reach out in loving service in your locality.
Grants can be awarded for a wide range of initiatives, both stand-alone events and ongoing projects.
Some examples are:
- School breakfast clubs
- Community lunches to address issues of social isolation
- BBQ and outdoor equipment to engage young people
- Guest speakers and advertising for forums relating to social issues
- Open House gatherings for isolated people in the local community
- Offering material support to distressed households
- Conversation clubs for refugee and migrant communities.
- Creating wellbeing hubs
We are open to any initiative that will build community.