It Only Takes One
It Only Takes One empowers students with the knowledge and advocacy skills to be changemakers in their communities.
This initiative engages with students and teachers on important social issues.
We cover three topics:
- Healthy Relationships (Term 1)
- Poverty, Inequality & Homelessness (Term 2)
- Mental Health and Wellbeing (Term 3)
It Only Takes One features:
- Tailored educational content for Years 5 - 12
- One hour guest presentation delivered to students by Anglicare WA Community Educators
- Follow up classroom activities for teachers, delving deeper into the topics
- An opportunity for students to undertake an advocacy project
- Information about where to seek support and community resources by local area
- Presentations and resources for teachers, parents and caregivers
Click here to download the content overview for each topic for Years 5 - 12.
For more information on how your school can get involved, please contact Tegan O'Rafferty (Community Education Officer).