What is Specialised Family Violence Service?
Specialised Family Violence Service provides therapeutic and practical support to families impacted by violence, and provides a person-centred, trauma-informed model of practice.
- Advocacy and support
- Child and youth focused groups
- Community capacity building
- Education and skills training
- Family capacity building
- Information, advice and referral
We work with victims/survivors of family and domestic violence:
- Support people impacted by family violence who are involved in either the Family Court or Children’s Court
- Domestic violence counselling services
- Group interventions for children and/or youth who have experienced or witnessed family and domestic violence, focusing on child therapeutic approaches
- Group program to strengthen relationships between parents and their children
- Information sessions and referral to another service (e.g. legal, mental health etc.)
- Capacity sessions for community organisations (e.g. Sporting clubs, Men’s Sheds) to target clients who could be violent against family members and promote cultural change
How to access the service?
Contact Anglicare WA on 1300 11 44 46.