What is Specialised Family Violence Service?
Specialised Family Violence Service provides therapeutic and practical support to families impacted by violence, and provides a person centered, trauma informed model of practice.
The service provides:
- Advocacy and support
- Child and Youth focused groups
- Community capacity building
- Education and skills training
- Family capacity building
- Information, advice and referral
The service works with victims/survivors of family and domestic violence to:
- Support to people impacted by family violence who are involved in either the Family Court or Children’s Courts
- Group interventions for children and/or youth who have experienced or witnessed family and domestic violence, focusing on child therapeutic approaches
- Capacity sessions for community organisations (e.g. Sporting clubs, Men’s Sheds) to target clients who could be violent against family members. Sessions engaging clients to promote cultural change
- Domestic violence counselling services
- A program for people who have experienced abuse in their family relationships, or a behavioural change program
- Group program to strengthen relationships between parents and their children
- Information session, brokerage to obtain other services, or referral to another service (e.g. legal, mental health etc.)
- Assessing a client in an initial session
How to access the service?
Contact Anglicare WA at 1300 11 44 46.