What is Family Law Counselling?
Family Law Counselling helps people with relationship difficulties to better manage their personal or interpersonal issues to do with children and families during separation and divorce. Counselling is offered by trained professionals and can be provided to individuals, couples or families. These Counsellors can assist with issues such as:
- Loss and grief
- Understanding the impact of separation on self and children
- Dealing with own and children's difficult emotions
- Understanding and managing conflict
- Developing appropriate boundaries and communication
- Dealing with difficult transitions
- Looking to the future and moving on
- Managing step parenting and issues that arise in step families
Family Law Counselling practitioners offers information support, referral, counselling and mediation services to families and individuals.