What is Y-
Y-Shac assists young people aged between 15-20 years old who are homeless or at imminent risk of homelessness in crisis accommodation and 16-25 year olds who are in transitional housing.
Young people find themselves in need of emergency accommodation for a number of reasons, including:
- an unstable home or family life
- family or relationship breakdown
- eviction or unmanageable rising living costs
- risk of, or exposure to, crime, drugs or violence
- no money or loss of steady income
- complex needs
- leaving correctional facilities
- Shared emergency accommodation in two locations in the Perth metro area with 24 hour support from youth workers
- Transitional Housing with either one bedroom units with the crisis services or shared houses in the Rockingham or Cockburn regions
- Support for young people to get back on their feet, including advocacy and referral to specialist services
- Independent living activities including financial planning, budgeting and tenancy information, and education on health, nutrition and cooking
- Goal setting and future planning through case management
- Creative recreational activities
- A Drug Education and Support Service that focuses on harm minimisation through alcohol and drug education, group activities, and 1-to-1 support
The Y-Shac Spearwood crisis accommodation site is a three bed facility capable of providing short stays and quick admissions.
Our Rockingham site is a
How can Y-Shac be accessed?
To apply for crisis accommodation a support worker must contact the relevant service location (Spearwood or Rockingham). If we have a vacancy we will conduct a phone interview, and if we are able to accommodate, we will agree on arrangements for access to the service.
To apply for transitional housing call the office and complete referral details. Where a vacancy is available, a meeting will be made with the case coordinator to discuss the application further and start the full assessment process during office hours.
Y-Shac Rockingham can be contacted by phoning (08) 9523 3400 / 0411 704959 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Y-Shac Spearwood can be contacted by phoning (08) 9412 0671 / 0422 456301 or emailing email@example.com
Please contact our services on the phone numbers above for site locations.