What is Y-Shac?

Y-Shac assists young people aged between 15-20 years old who are homeless or at imminent risk of homelessness in crisis accommodation and 16-25 year olds who are in transitional housing.

Young people find themselves in need of emergency accommodation for a number of reasons, including:

  • an unstable home or family life
  • family or relationship breakdown
  • eviction or unmanageable rising living costs
  • risk of, or exposure to, crime, drugs or violence
  • no money or loss of steady income
  • complex needs
  • leaving correctional facilities

Services include:

  • Shared emergency accommodation in two locations in the Perth metro area with 24 hour support from youth workers
  • Transitional Housing with either one bedroom units with the crisis services or shared houses in the Rockingham or Cockburn regions
  • Support for young people to get back on their feet, including advocacy and referral to specialist services
  • Independent living activities including financial planning, budgeting and tenancy information, and education on health, nutrition and cooking
  • Goal setting and future planning through case management
  • Creative recreational activities
  • A Drug Education and Support Service that focuses on harm minimisation through alcohol and drug education, group activities, and 1-to-1 support

The Y-SHAC Spearwood is a three-bedroom supported crisis accommodation service. Young people aged from 15 to 21 years can be accommodated depending on each person's circumstances for a period of three months or more. 

Our Rockingham site is a six-bed crisis accommodation facility, for up to six individuals, capable of providing accommodation for up to three months.

Both Y-shac sites are operated as a gender-neutral service. 

How can Y-Shac be accessed?

To apply for crisis accommodation a support worker must contact the relevant service location (Spearwood or Rockingham). If we have a vacancy we will conduct a phone interview, and if we are able to accommodate, we will agree on arrangements for access to the service.

To apply for transitional housing call the office and complete referral details. Where a vacancy is available, a meeting will be made with the case coordinator to discuss the application further and start the full assessment process during office hours.

Y-Shac Rockingham can be contacted by phoning (08) 9523 3400 / 0411 704959 or emailing

Y-Shac Spearwood can be contacted by phoning (08) 9412 0671 / 0422 456301 or emailing


Please contact our services on the phone numbers above for site locations.

Feeling lost?

Anglicare WA offers a wide range of services and with 74 service locations across WA, we’re never too far away.

If you’re not sure where to go, call us on 1300 11 44 46.

Quick Exit