What is Y-Shac?
Y-Shac offers a range of services for young people.
- Shared emergency accommodation in two locations in the Perth metro area with 24 hour support from youth workers.
- Transitional Housing with either one bedroom units with the crisis services or shared houses in the Rockingham or Cockburn regions.
- Support for young people to get back on their feet, including advocacy and referral to specialist services.
- Independent living activities including financial planning, budgeting and tenancy information, and education on health, nutrition and cooking.
- Goal setting and future planning through case management.
- Creative recreational activities.
- A Drug Education and Support Service that focuses on harm minimisation through alcohol and drug education, group activities, and 1-to-1 support.
Y-Shac Spearwood crisis accommodation site is a three bed facility capable of providing short stays and quick admissions.
Our Rockingham site is a six bed crisis accommodation facility, for up to six individuals, capable of providing accommodation for up to three months.
Both Y-shac sites are operated as a gender neutral service.
Who is the Y-Shac for?
Y-Shac assists young people aged betweem 15-20 years old who are homeless or at imminent risk of homelessness in crisis accommodation and 16 - 25 years in transitional housing.
Young people find themselves in need of emergency accommodation for a number of reasons, including:
- an unstable home or family life
- family or relationship breakdown
- eviction or unmanageable rising living costs
- risk of, or exposure to, crime, drugs or violence
- no money or loss of steady income
- complex needs
- leaving correctional facilities
If you, or anyone you know, are experiencing any of these things, Y-Shac can help.
How can Y-Shac be accessed?
To apply for Crisis Accommodation you and/or your support worker must contact the relevant service location (Spearwood or Rockingham). If we have a vacancy we will conduct a phone interview with you. If we are able to accommodate you, we will agree on arrangements for you to get to the service.
To apply for transitional housing you need to call the office and complete referral details. Where a vacancy is available you will have a meeting made with the case coordinator to discuss your application further and start the full assessment process during office hours.
Y-Shac Rockingham can be contacted by phoning (08) 9523 3400 or emailing email@example.com
Y-Shac Spearwood can be contacted by phoning (08) 9412 0673 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Where is Y-Shac located?
Please contact our services for site locations.