What is the Homelessness Support Service?
The service is a Federal and State Government initiative designed to work with families and individuals who are experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness.
If you are currently in a refuge or transitional accommodation in the South West Metropolitan area you can be referred to our Homelessness support service by your caseworker to help you access
The Service can help by:
- Working with you to develop a support plan around your housing needs
- Link you to support service providers including health, education and counselling
- Tenancy information and support
- Advocacy and referrals to housing providers including private rentals, community housing, Department of Communities (Housing)
- Support around establishing a tenancy including sourcing essential home and housekeeping items
- Support to develop budgeting skills
How can the Homelessness Support Service be accessed?
A referral from your current caseworker must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The service operates in the South West Metro (inclusive of Fremantle, Cockburn, Kwinana and Rockingham areas) and in the Great Southern (Albany).
You can call your nearest service and speak with a housing support worker who can provide further information and/or offer you an assessment.
South West Metro
Please email referrals to email@example.com.
(08) 9845 6666