What is Drug and Alcohol Housing Support?
The service is a Federal and State Government initiative designed to work with families and individuals who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
If you are currently engaged in treatment for your substance abuse and live/or wish to live in the Fremantle, Rockingham or Mandurah areas you can be referred to us by your counsellor or treatment provider.
You will then be allocated a Housing Support Worker to help you access
Please note: If you are being referred from a rehabilitation program, you will need to have completed stage two of the program.
The Service can help by:
- Working with you to develop a support plan around your housing needs
- Link you to support service providers including health, education and counselling
- Providing tenancy information and support
- Advocacy and referrals to housing providers including private rentals, community housing, department of communities (housing) and other options
- Support to develop budgeting skills
- Support to develop and /or improve your skills in establishing and maintaining a home. This includes sourcing essential home and housekeeping items.
How can the service be accessed?
To obtain an appointment with a Housing Support Worker you will need to be referred to the program by your drug & alcohol treatment provider.
Please email referrals to email@example.com
The service is located in Fremantle, Rockingham and Mandurah.
This service works closely with the Palmerston Association.