About these tools
The tools in this section may be able to help you or someone you know who is caring for and supporting a child or young person bereaved by suicide. We have included info sheets, links to other useful websites and lists of local WA services which we know can help.
If your child or teen is impacted by suicide, it is likely that you too are impacted. One of the most helpful things you can do for your child is access your own counselling and support to process your feelings, thoughts and experience of this loss. When you do this, you will be better placed to support your child do the same.
If you don’t find what you need, please get in contact with us by email.
If you are an adult impacted by suicide and would like counselling support, reach out to Active Response Bereavement Outreach (ARBOR).
Links to helpful resources
- When Telling a Child About Suicide by Conversations Matter
- Communicating with children bereaved by suicide by Support After Suicide by Jesuit Social Services
- Supporting a Child After Suicide by Kids Helpline
- How to Explain Suicide to a young child by Winstons Wish (UK based org)
- Tips to Support Children bereaved by Suicide by Standby Support After Suicide
- Preparing Children for the Funeral by Standby Support After Suicide
- How to Help a Grieving Child by the Dougy Centre (USA based org)
- Supporting Children After Suicide by the Suicide Call Back Service
- Supporting Adolescents bereaved by suicide by the Suicide Call Back Service
- Fact sheet for Teenagers
- Helping Kids identify and express feelings by Kids Helpline
- Sibling Grief for Kids
- Friends can help
- Grieving Aboriginal way
- Helping children with grief
- Sibling grief for parents
- Book list for Parents and Professionals
- Helpful Links for Parents and Professionals
Click the images to learn more.
Lion Heart Camp for Kids
A Perth based program for 5-12 yr old children who are bereaved of a significant person (by suicide, illness or sudden death).
Standby Support After Suicide
Information and resources for those impacted by suicide.
Resources for talking about suicide to children, young people and community.
Phone counselling, webchat, information and tips for children, teens and parents on many topics including grief, suicide bereavement, feelings expression, coping strategies and more.
Books for carers of children and young people who are bereaved by suicide
About these videos
Watch others tell their stories about suicide loss and what helped them in their grief. We are connected together by our shared experiences, some of which are shared with you here.
We hope to grow our collection of shared lived experiences, so if you would like to share your story please get in contact with us by email.
CYPRESS Videos for Parents & Caregivers
Feedback and Complaints
We welcome feedback and suggestions for improving our services.