With Ngala, we launched our joint report Reducing Poverty and Improving Child Development at the WA Social Research Network event exploring solutions to child poverty. With more than 94,000 children living in poverty, it calls for 4 immediate actions to end poverty in a state as wealthy as WA:
- Adequate income support for families
- Universal access to high quality play-based early childhood education and care
- Targeted early intervention supports
- Prioritising the rights of children and their development, health and wellbeing
Implementing these policies and programs would lift thousands of children out of poverty in WA and provide the foundations needed for the future health and wellbeing of our state. Both a snapshot version and full report on our website.
What you can do:
- Share our report on your social media.
- Send a copy of the report to you local State and Federal MPs